Forum

We’ve moved our discussions to Discord! Join us there! https://discord.gg/HwkZFH5

New road plates for...

Notifications
Clear all

New road plates for 2019?

Four Bricks Tall
Admin
Topic starter
(@fourbrickstall)

Both Curve and Crossroad and Straight and T-Junction road plates are listed as New on LEGO.com.

Does that mean that they've fixed the issue with alignment?

In the photos, they appear to be able to be set side-by-side without that terrible gap between them.

1558365118-lego-road-plate-2019.jpg
6 Replies
Marco Zanconi
Core Team
(@the_aphol)

Are you using them for a city layout? I have a couple of the old ones but haven't yet used for pictures, too many studs to cover ???? 

2 Replies
FreeTheGeekMan
Core Team
(@freethegeekman)

Haha. Studs are what make it LEGO! Dont be scared of them ???? Seriously though I know what you mean. I had to buy so many grey tiles to cover my road plates!

Four Bricks Tall
(@fourbrickstall)

I don't have a city but I do use them occasionally for foregrounds. I generally cover the studs with buildings in the background or just don't put them in the frame in the foreground ????

But the irritating thing is that gap in the old plates! I shoot with narrow DoF so it's not so obvious throughout but the I do PS the parts that are on the same focal plane as my minifigs. 

FreeTheGeekMan
Core Team
(@freethegeekman)

@fourbrickstall my main problem was not the alignment issue (which I happily lived with) it was the way they sell them in pairs.qnyone building s city must end up with so many unused T junction or crossroad parts!

2 Replies
Four Bricks Tall
(@fourbrickstall)

Also this. I don't know why TLG packages like this. 

I've heard similar complaints from the train builders about tracks.

FreeTheGeekMan
Core Team
(@freethegeekman)

Everyone wants mainly straights. Then probs a few curves and a couple of t junctions and cross roads. They should sell them individually and just make them in quantities that demand dictates. Though they have been running a successful business for decades so they probably know best!

Share: